Monday, December 15, 2008

The first showering of baby things..

I spent the weekend in Frederick, MD with tons of family! It was wonderful and it was fun and it was for our little baby! My mother in law threw me a shower (the first of three, I think) and I felt so loved!

We got tons of clothes and a few things from our registry. We got some diapers, little toys and lots of love. Plus, there was yummy food and a chocolate fountain (that was a hit!). I can't wait for my Morgantown and Indiana showers now. Having a baby is awesome! (well, for the most part I would say...)

Here are some pictures! Thanks, Bethany, for taking all the pictures so I didn't have to :)

Nieces loving the fountain of melted chocolate!

The diaper cake...

Opening gifts!

Being SO excited to get the quilt and bumper we wanted. Thanks Mom and Gramma!

Sporting the WVU love! My sister totally hooked us up with Mountie gear...

Reading advice that everyone wrote down. This may have been the one where Quay (our 15 year old nephew) wrote down, "Make Patrick change all the diapers." I, personally, thought it was very good advice! Patrick, on the other hand, did not.And finally, I let my nieces draw on my belly. They asked a few times and I figured it would be fun for them and I got to sit down for awhile (plus they gave me a makeover later in the evening - hair AND makeup). They each got a side and added their signatures for safe side keeping :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY!!!

I'm glad that you had a good time. I can't wait to see the nursery with the quilt and bumper pads.

Love you!