Saturday, January 31, 2009

Baby belly

Today I am 35 weeks pregnant. I wanted to get some good pictures of me being pregnant since I figured after the first one pregnancy really loses the appeal since you're chasing around other children :) So last night, Patrick and I took some pictures of me and of us. It was a lot of fun and I think we (he, mostly) did a great job.

ANNNNNDDDD today I got up and got ready to what I thought was a "girls time" with a bunch of my friends. Nope. It was a surprise baby shower for me! It was so wonderful and I don't have any pictures (yet) because it was a surprise. We had a wonderful brunch with a "tea time" theme and it couldn't have been more perfect. I'm SO GRATEFUL for my friends here. They all went together and got us the pack and play AND the stroller we registered for!!! I was beside myself with excitement! Now, Benjamin can come whenever he wants. I'm completely ready for him (as much as one can be, I suppose).

So -here are some of the pictures Patrick and I took. Some are edited, some are not. Also, I apologize now because it was so hard to only pick a few. :)




Blurry, but one of my favorites. Also, funny story, when we were taking the pictures Patrick told me to look down, so I did. And he kept saying, "no, don't bend over, just look down." Finally it occurred to me that looking down (as in at the floor) required me to bend over to see the floor. So I just looked at my chest instead.

Definitely a favorite of both of us.

Love this one...
And this one...
And this one... :)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the shower, but mostly I loved the surprise! AND, you were SO surprised! Your friends are amazing and I'm glad that I got to meet them. Oh, I forgot....I LOVE THE PICTURES!!! I can't wait to go and get a collage frame.

Thanks!

Love you!!!!!

Coffman Family said...

Wonderful pictures! I love that you were in the nursery too! That's a special memory.

young wife&mom said...

cool ashley.very cool.

Morgan said...

i love the blurry ones! Patrick did a great job!

Courtney said...

I regret that we never took pictures like this with Austin. Maybe we should ask you and Patrick to come over and take some next time--I'm sure we couldn't have done as good a job!

Jeannie said...

Great work, P!

Nathan & Sarah said...

all the pictures are precious! I wish we would have done that. I can't wait for Benjamin to get here. Someday we will have to get together, when you're up for it.

heather said...

I LOVE the pics!

And, just for the record, pregnancy doesn't lose its appeal after #1 - it just gets more exhausting! :)

I'm chasing around two under three (and you know them! you've chased them in your house!) AND growing another - it's a good thing I know it's God's plan or I'd be crazy! :)