Thursday, March 19, 2009

5 days...

Today Benjamin is five days old and I simply cannot believe it. I caved in and gave Benjamin a pacifier yesterday. It was not what I wanted to do, but he loves to suck and I am super sore. I want him to learn to fall sleep on his own, but hearing him cry over and over just about makes me want to cry with him. I just don't know how settled I am on the idea. However, so far he spits it out unless he's terribly upset about sleeping. Also, I've been able to nap a little more. There are perks, I suppose.

I'm starting to feel a little better and I'm looking forward to walking around the block and doing normal people things again :) I'm down 14 pounds, which amazes me since I don't do anything except eat, sleep and feed a baby. Luckily, breastfeeding is a workout all in itself! It's been nice resting and I have had to fight the urge a few times to start cleaning or doing something that I know I shouldn't.

I would say that the way I spend most of my day (aside from nursing) would be kissing and snuggling Benjamin. Oh my soul! I can't get enough of him. His smell, his many faces, his little cheeks, his neck, his fingers and toes. How will I get anything done with this little guy around? I can barely stand not to love on him every time I'm near him!

Okay, enough of my rambling and processing, here are the pictures:

Sound asleep

Benjamin and I right before we took a nap. Actually, I think he was already asleep I was just following his lead. Wide awake after eating and very serious. Today he has really been more alert and interested in his surroundings...
A wink and a smile...kinda :)
Milk coma...

I love this baby boy!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of him. I love the pictures!!!

Morgan said...

he is adorable! bobby used to have milk comas too! it was so cute.

Baby Hancock said...

Too sweet! Isn't it funny the "many faces" they have? You could take 10 pics in a row and he would look different in every one! I often have trouble deciding which picture to print/post!!

He's so cute and you are doing a great job!!

Jen said...

i love a good milk coma baby!
he is so beautiful! enjoy every snuggle.

Elizabeth said...

I am a friend of Jen Cz. and have followed your blog for sometime. Congratulations!! What a beautiful baby. I went through IVF for both of my kids and know that infertility can be very tough, but when you are in the hospital with that beautiful baby it is all been worth. Just wanted to congratulate you. Elizabeth Lee

Courtney said...

Thanks for letting us visit this afternoon! You both seem to be settling into your new roles as mommy and daddy so well. Benjamin, of course, is adorable--great pictures!

Erin said...

Such a beautiful baby! I am so excited for you guys!

I am 100% pro-paci, and think that anything that saves mama's sanity is worth doing. You're doing a great job!

Jeannie said...

that's pdawg's boy, alright! his coloring is just so beautiful. i want to hold him SO BAD. SIGH.

Forget housework - that baby will grow too fast, girl.
love ya