Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Little update

So, these are pictures from the hospital. I haven't put any new pictures on my computer yet. I just wanted to share a little bit of the precious-ness going on around me :)

Patrick and Benjamin taking a nap...Little baby of ours... He's so precious.

I've officially decided that, even at 4 days old, this little guy is growing up way too fast. How can I keep him small and snugly and precious and so perfect?! He had his first doctors appointment today and he's doing great. He weighed in at 7.3, just two ounces shy of his birth weight. Needless to say, Benjamin LOVES to eat and he is quite aggressive about it (but he gets better every day. We're all learning here!). It was nice to get out of the house.

Patrick has been an incredible dad and husband. He's my hero and is taking such good care of us. I had my first emotional breakdown today and I cried for a while. Apparently that's normal and afterwards I felt so much better :) That's enough for now, I have got to take a nap while Benjamin is sleeping!

3 comments:

heather said...

Sounds like everything is perfectly, wonderfully normal at baby Benjamin's new residence!

Crying (by everyone) is part of the package deal - didn't they tell you? :) Keep your chin up; coming down off of those pregnancy hormones can be a bear sometimes. (And by the way, just being a Mommy can be a bear sometimes! I'm on #3 and I still have plenty to learn, and plenty of emotional breakdowns!)

Good girl - napping while baby is napping is SO hard to do (because there is SO MUCH to do) but is absolutely rule #1! Take care of Mommy, too! :)

Love and encouragement from WV! :)

Lynnette said...

What a sweet baby!! Congratulations on your new baby boy!! And yes crying is totally normal. I had Cortlyn at Christmas and my family was there and then they left and they were saying goodbye to me and I was crying the tears were literally pouring out of my eyes and I couldn't stop it. Enjoy this sweet stage and for sure sleep while he sleeps!! Again Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I can't say it enough, he is the sweetest thing! Patrick is a champ! Seeing him in action Tuesday running around doing all kinds of things...you are are very lucky!!!

Sometimes a good cry is the best medicine. And, like Heather said, it is perfectly normal.

Love you!