Saturday, March 14, 2009

Welcome Benjamin!!!

He's here!!! Benjamin was born this morning at 6:26 am after six hours of labor. I'll write out my birth story when I get more of a chance, but right now I'm snugglin with my new little man. He just sneezed and then started making the oddest snorting noise through his mouth. Precious!

This baby is PERFECT! 7 pounds, 5 ounces. 20 inches long. Apgar test was great, nurses "test" was an A+ ANNNNDDD when they took his blood pressure, they had to use a larger baby cuff because his muscles were so big. That's my boy! :)

Here are a few pictures to hold you over! Thanks for all your love, prayers, encouragement and support. And praise the Everlasting God for meeting needs, answering prayers and being simply, extravagantly... wonderful!

Patrick brought Benjamin to me after the cleaned him off....
Getting weighed...

My two favorite guys. And friends, this man is in LOVE with this beautiful baby!
Oh boy. I love him!

In the postpartum room, settling in and getting cozy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is without a doubt the sweetest thing I've ever seen!! I am so proud of you for bringing this little guy into the world NATURALLY!!!!! Amazing!

Patrick you are the BEST!!!!

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You guys all look great. God knows HIs timing, doesn't he?

Love,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Oh, HAPPY DAY!!!! What beautiful piccies-- seeing the sheer joy and raw emotion in that top photo (where P brought B to you) made my eyes well up with tears... I love it! I am SO looking forward to hearing your birth story-- CONGRATS AGAIN! He's PERFECT!

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

You are beaming and he is adorable! Praise God for a healthy (AND FAST) delivery.

Baby Hancock said...

Woooo Hoooo! So happy for you! CAn't wait to meet him!

Love and prayers,
Nina

Corey Smith said...

Praise God! I was grilling Kent at his last basketball game. We love you and are so proud of you. He is perfect! So Excited for you. Congrats!
love always,
Jenn and Corey

Beth said...

Hooray hooray hooray! Soooo happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear more about the birth story. But yes, take your time... we'll be here when you get back. :)

young wife&mom said...

yeah! congratulations..he is beautiful!

Al said...

Woohoo...yay... what a beautiful boy!

I hope you ate the rest of that tiramisu...

You are two amazing parents, what a blessing God has given Benjamin. :)

*~*~Angela~*~* said...

ashley and patrick congrats!!! your little man is so blessed to have 2 amazing and God fearing parents! I am over-the-world happy for you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Benjamin is beautiful! My heart is filled with joy, the perfect couple has now become the perfect family.

Much Love & Blessings for all of you!

Jen said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!
Congrats friend! Glad he decided to come on out on his own.

The Swifts said...

OH MY SOUL he is adorable!!! I just want to reach right thru this computer and squeeze him! I'm so happy for you! Congrats! I miss you friend!