Friday, July 23, 2010

Exploring..

Benjamin and I have been exploring this week. Instead of whining and sulking about not having many friends and things to do, I decided we would do something and learn about our new city.

Yesterday we went to Lake Hefner. It's so gorgeous there and even though it's hot, the breeze from the lake is a welcomed guest as you walk around! I asked Season and Sophie if they wanted to met us there, since it's so close to their house. They did. Season and I walked and talked and pushed strollers and promised the littles that they could play at the playground when we were done.

With an open Friday and no lunch plans with daddy, we set out to find something new in Edmond today. I did have soemthing in mind and can't say it was completely new. I had seen this place while driving a month or so ago.

Off we went to North Edmond. Where deer and antelope play. Well, not really, but there is a lot more open land back there :) It's really quite gorgeous and it's not built up at all. I was hoping I would at least remember the road I had to turn on to find this mornings new adventure. I did. Yeah, me!

Our destination was The Old School Bagel Cafe. From what I can tell, there are a few locations. One in Tulsa, OK, one in Stillwater, OK and then the other two in the Edmond/OKC area. It was a really cool joint. I wanted a bagel terribly, but went with the cinnamon roll instead. I don't know why. I should have got the bagel. The cinnamon roll was really excellent, but a little too much sugar for a morning snack.

Anyways, I can't wait to go back. They had a great bagel selection, plus bagel sandwiches for lunchtime. I'm hoping I can convince Patrick to go in the morning for breakfast. Then when we get company next week, maybe we can take them there for lunch! Needless to say, I'm hooked on this place. As an added bonus K-LOVE was playing in the background. Perfect!

After we left OSBC we drove by a few garage sales and found a few new parks. We stopped at one and decided, pretty quickly, that it wasn't our favorite park and definitely made for bigger kiddos. Not ideal for us, so we'll keep searching!

I have many more places in mind to try. Cupcakes, bakeries, coffee shops, parks and more! Stay tuned. This summer heat seems like it's going to stick around for a while and we need to get out of the house.

1 comment:

mama cindy said...

I'm glad that you're exploring paid off. I'm betting that Patrick will say yes to breakfast. :) Love you!