Thursday, December 2, 2010

Beta 14 weeks...

I saw my midwife today. She's wonderful, have I mentioned that? My appointments are no less than an hour and not because of my wait...but because she spends that much time with me.

Today we talked about how hard it was being a "normal" pregnant woman and not getting to see Beta as much as we saw/heard Benjamin. Since my pregnancy (and getting pregnant) wasn't smooth, we had several ultrasounds and Dr. McCoy looked for a heart beat a lot! Leanna (my midwife) reminded me today that a boring pregnancy is the best kind and not to worry. Then she said, "wanna take a peak so you feel better?" Yes!!! She also shared some of her pregnancy history and midwife experience with me. It was nice to hear her perspective on things and the Lord used our time together as an encouragement and affirmation to what He's been teaching me.

Beta's creepy "I'm an alien and trying to get out" look...But a great view of the eye sockets and head (well, maybe not from your view)!
A little wave and a good shot of the brain...
Ok. Beta is leaning a little here. Head at the top with little arms bent (hands are by the ears), then torso (and spine!) with legs squished at the bottom...see it? It's ok if you don't. It was much clearer on the screen. Plus, this machine isn't high tech.

I cried when I saw Beta move. Ugh! It never gets old! Plus, I've been struggling with doubt and lack of faith that everything is okay. The Lord was so sweet to let me see the baby today! And when we got to the full body, Beta was just sitting there and all of the sudden it (he/she) started punching and kicking all over the place. So precious!!! The appointment did this momma's heart sooooo good!

Beta's heartbeat was solid and strong coming in a 156 BPM. I don't remember Benjamin's being that high, but that's ok because I don't remember a lot of things right now. She said everything looked good! My next appointment will be my "big" ultrasound and then time with Leanna. I'm excited. Patrick is holding strong with girl and I'm saying boy. Only one of us is right! :)

2 comments:

Aub said...

That's definitely a girl heartbeat! I think Patrick's right :)

mama cindy said...

I've said all along....