Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sperry's

This is the thing about shoes: I enjoy them, but never find the right pair. I will say, however, that of all my shoes past and present I love none more than my chacos. Okay, and my red Hunter rain boots (you can see a pic here. Plus an added bonus of 2007 ramblings!).

Since Benjamin was born I've been on somewhat of a mission to find great shoes that I can slip on and that go with anything. Since Patrick won't let me wear my fantastic LLBean slippers out and about, it's been a tough challenge. I want shoes that are cute, not "mom shoes" and that won't wear too quickly.

When Kate was here for Christmas she had shoes that caught my eye. Cute, durable, goes with anything. And, bonus, Kate is young and hip. Meaning that wearing these shoes will make me hip (I can't help being 29, it is what it is). I've always wanted to be hip :)

I've been searching for these shoes. They are Sperry's Original Boat Shoes. In classic brown, please. After looking at the Sperry's website and zappos.com, both were not cheap. Then I checked out amazon. Duh. Why didn't I go there first?! Not only did I have a $15 gift card for amazon (thanks, Swagbucks!!), but they were on sale! Bonus. Bonus!

I'm looking forward to trying these babies out. The worst thing that could happen is that I don't like them. And that's why I'm grateful for free returns at amazon.com :)


2 comments:

Al said...

you are hip! you have a classic hip taste...and it fits you perfectly :)

Aub said...

I'm undecided on the boat shoes. Are there any durable ballet flats out there?