Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No more news.

I just now, as in this very second, decided that I'm no longer going to read the news. Or watch the news. Or try in any way to figure out what's going on in the world.

I mean, seriously, the stuff foxnews.com and cnn.com write about makes me want to live in a cave somewhere. Preferably in a cave on a remote island with decent temperatures, a few rainy days here and there, and free fruits and vegetables. But that's besides the point here.

It makes me so sad to read about women being kidnapped and killed. I get furious with people for thinking they have the right and the ability to control peoples lives. I am confused to no end about the insanity in Libya and I'm willing to admit that. I get so upset that our country has lost it's belief and support of what our founding fathers stood for. And Japan. Good glory, Japan. The can't win this month, can they?

I know these are "birthing pains" that we were told about in God's word. I believe, with all of my heart, that God is sovereign and in control of all things. I know that He has plans and purposes for each awful, crazy, beautiful thing that happens in this world - every second of every day.

But I can't help but be a little hesitate about bringing another child (and Lord willing a few more) into this world. Surely we are going to have to hide in our houses because of the radiation and polluted water and high gas prices and World War III for years and years. Or I might get kidnapped or kicked in the shin.

Okay, that's a little dramatic. Maybe not the shin part, though. That could happen.

But it does make me prepare my heart a little more and desire to teach my boys about the sovereignty of God. All the local and world news makes me want to remember Who I belong to and Who is in control. And I suppose at the end of the day, that's a good reason to not completely give up on watching the news.


No comments: