Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On the positive side, today...

Sure my child doesn't sleep well, but you know what's so great about him getting up early? I get so much done in the mornings!

Before B came along I was a "morning person". In fact, I still love mornings. I just wish they were a little quieter and more alone :) But I know someday it will be quiet and I'll be alone and all the sudden life happened and I'll wish my babies were here being crazy. I'll choose, today, to enjoy my loud and active mornings.

I love being done with my chores before I leave the house to run errands. I love knowing that when I get back, there's not a whole lot to do {cleaning wise}. All of this makes me enjoy my home and being a homemaker more. Does anyone else feel the same way?

With that said, Benjamin woke up about 6:30am today. This may not be early for some of you, but I bet it is for most of you! We've been productive, though. And I appreciate that. I'll choose to be in a good mood and be grateful for my boy. I'll choose to see the positive in having an early riser. I'll choose to wipe the sleepies out of my eyes and make some coffee. It's that, or become irrational and crazy and grumpy again.

And I can't keep doing that. I need to choose to see the good. One day at a time.

I'm glad we got to sing and play and change three diapers already. I'm glad I have washed three loads of laundry. I'm even more glad that one of those is folded! I'm glad that the kitchen is clean. I'm glad the laundry room is clean. I'm glad we had a healthy breakfast. And second breakfast. My "to-do" list for this week is done. And Benjamin and I have prayed four times this morning for friends and family who needed to be lifted up to Jesus.

And it's only 9:07am.

Next stop: YMCA, chiropractor and back home to vacuum before lunch.

Next goal: To choose wisely and positively during nap time so I don't waste hours on the internet. I may be looking for and at good things, but surely that time on the internet cannot be good for my soul. Luckily, I know just where to get a refreshed soul ;)

And since today has been so productive, don't you think a cup of tea, my bible and a good nap is in order for this momma during nap time?! Yes! Me too!

3 comments:

erin said...

Thanks for sharing! I was just thinking about the same thing this morning -- I have to choose to have a good attitude and seek joy (even when that means doing piles and piles of laundry!). :)

mama cindy said...

I think that a cup of tea and a nap is a great idea!

Courtney said...

If my kids sleep til 6:30 I consider them to be sleeping in! Good thing I'm a morning person, too.