Friday, April 15, 2011

Ironies of my life.

There are a few things that consistently make me think, "hum." I'm perplexed at the irony of life in that way. Here are some of the things that are currently baffling me. {These are in no way significant, deep or life changing. So you know ::grin::}

Why is it that when I run the dishwasher or a load of laundry or the dryer I feel insanely productive. Maybe it's the noise that reminds me that I did something good. But the instant that noise stops and I realize there is unloading or loading or folding that needs done, I feel insanely lazy and lose all motivation to be productive.

How can I want an ice cream cone so badly and then eat it and feel terrible? Can my body not handle the cravings it's making such a big deal of? I mean, if I need it shouldn't my body at least kindly enjoy it?! And why can't I remember this issue when I have the desire for ice cream?

Why in the world do I continue to eat doughnuts? Fact: I do not like doughnuts. Sometimes, though, I really want a doughnut with chocolate glaze all over it. I know it will make me feel disgusting and that I will regret every bite, so I eat one. Blah.

Even more so, why must I indulge in something I don't like {such as a doughnut} when it's free? What about free things make me lose all insight into myself and knowledge of how I work? Free = good, even if it's bad. That's just ridiculous of me.

How can I justify spending so much time on the computer when I know there are other things I could do that would make me feel a thousand time better about life and myself and whatever else it is that makes me think other wise? {That HAS to be a run-on sentence. Beth C, is this a run on sentence?} That blows my mind. And makes me really angry at myself. Where is my discipline?

Do you find it a little humorous that all of these things have to do with self control and discipline {or lack thereof}? Good grief in America! I would like to think that I'm pretty good at being self controlled and disciplined when I'm not pregnant, but that's just a pretty excuse. Clearly, I need to do some very stern self evaluation. Or maybe I just did.... hum. Ironic.

No comments: