Friday, July 1, 2011

Visitors galore...

Instead of doing one post for each visit, I'm just going to put all three into one happy post. I'm sure you understand. And quite frankly, do you really care to read three long posts about our families coming to Oklahoma? :)

Kate was here the longest {10 days} and I tried {begged?} to get her to stay. She did not and went on her merry way back to AZ for the summer. I may have cried a little when she left. I so enjoyed her company and loved having her help with the boys. Although, she ended up being better for my sanity than anything else. I love spending time with that girl!




Kent and Sarah came next, while Kate was here. It was a sibling reunion! Kent and Sarah were very helpful and it was so great to have them here. Patrick and Kent were able to do some "man things" and hang out together while the ladies {plus kiddos} got coffee, bagels and went to the Farmer's Market! We did a lot of relaxing and hanging out, plus played Settlers of Catan. But it wouldn't be a sibling reunion without at least one game of Settlers {or three}.

Super heros!!!




And finally, my mom and John came down for about five days. They drove all the way from WV. And let me tell you, it's a long drive! We were so glad to see them because the last time we saw them was in October! Toooooo long! It was a nice visit and my mom cleaned my house way more than I expected her to. She washed my windows, people! I am grateful. We showed them around Edmond and OKC and even ate out a few times. They got to spend some quality time with the boys. Oh, and Patrick and I, too. Let's be honest, though, all of our visitors weren't here for the parents as much as the cute babies they make :)



Now, with everyone gone, we're trying to get back into the swing of things. Nothing like constant entertainment and attention to spoil a toddler. And nothing like constant help to zero help to wear out a tired momma {again}! We are so glad we got to spend time with family. More so, though, we're so glad that they got to meet Andrew and spend time with Benjamin!

No comments: