Sunday, January 6, 2013

I wrote this on my birthday and didn't post it. Yeah!

Although my birthday was on Sunday {the 18th of November}, I feel like I need to get something out there about being 31.  

It was a good day. SUCH a good day.

I was with my guys all day.  I was loved and cared for.  Benjamin sang "Happy Birthday" to me a lot and even wrote "mom" for the first time!  We went out to brunch.  We rested and talked and enjoyed.  I don't deserve being so loved and so celebrated -- but I was and I'm so grateful!

And so in honor of another birthday -- here are some random things about me:

1. I do not like to go to bed with dirty feet.  I will shower or wash my feet in the sink if I think they are too dirty. Ick.

2. I am always cold, so rececntly I have been sleeping with an electric blanket (that I turn off before I fall asleep!), a sheet, a quilt and this amazing alpaca wool blanket that Patrick brought back from Ecuador.  It's so cozy on my side of the bed.

3. I have developed a deep love from kitchen things from Anthropologie.  AND because people know me and love me my kitchen is now four bowls, one mug and a gift card closer to being so much cuter.

4. I dislike doing laundry. However, I do not like to fold or put away the masses of laundry we use in one week.  Most days I consider getting rid of most of our clothes, but then I remember we a.)need them and wear them and b.) we have boys who need to change clothes at least twice a day.  Whatever.

5. I drink at least 40 cups of water {most} days.  I love water.  

6. And coffee. Maybe equally.  I just bought this print -- and it's perfect.  I think it says a lot to display to the world {er, anyone who comes to my house} that I love my guys more than coffee.

7. I really, really enjoy making food for people.  I love when someone needs dinner.  Or when friends come over for dinner.  Or when it's my turn to cook for flock.  It is such a joy for me.

8. For the first time in a very long time, I didn't think of things that I wanted to do for the upcoming year.  I just want to be.  I want to be a woman who loves and brings glory to God.  I want to be an excellent wife.  I want to be a great mom.  I want to be a thoughtful friend.  I want to be a listener and a learner.  Where possible, I want to be a teacher.  I want to be joyful and grateful and hopeful.

Eight is a good place to stop, right? I just can't think of anymore despite the fact that I am very random.  BUT you can go see my "31 before 31" list I made on my 30th birthday.  I was fairly successful, but not entirely.  

Okay. NOW I'm done with my birthday rant!
Happy birthday to me! :)

No comments: