Thursday, February 24, 2011

26 weeks...

Okay, let's make this quick. I'm getting bigger. Significantly. I don't think I was this big with B at 26 weeks, but what about this pregnancy has been similar?

I have a midwife appointment on Monday and I'm sure she'll say the heart rate is about 142. Beta loves to move and has taken to kicking my right side often. He also loves jabbing my ribs. I love how active he is, although it makes me nervous about having two active boys. Oh well, they are boys!

He stays mostly on my left side, which is why my left sciatic nerve is constantly hurting. I mean, friends, this pain is excruciating. I asked my chiropractor if it could be removed. Alas, it cannot.

I've gained a whopping 23 pounds (which is on the heavy side). I lift weights twice a week for 20 minutes and do cardio of some sort about 4 to 5 days a week for at least 15 minutes (usually closer to 20 or 30). And sometimes when I'm walking, I'll run and I love it. But I miss running for real. You know, fast and sweaty and hard. Soon, very soon. I have plans of signing up for the Tulsa Route 66 half-marathon in November as my goal race. Did I tell you that already?

I eat a lot. I mean, a lot. Finding a name is getting a little easier. We have a last name down :) And we're tossing around two names for the first. Middle names are dependent on the first name. By the time this baby is 2 hours old, I'm determined to have a name for him. However, the sooner the better :)

I had to get creative with pictures this month because setting up a bunch of baskets on the couch seemed daunting. So, I used the ironing board and a mirror. Enjoy :)


Looking down.
Front.
Side.
In the mirror...
Bare belly. This may get less frequent. I'm just saying...
Hey, Beta!

Until next time...

{PS. Here I am at 27 weeks pregnant with B...just for perspective!}

2 comments:

mama cindy said...

You.are.BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Baby Hancock said...

Your preg belly is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!